Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Pardiso Error Output Meaning

mecipema
Beginner
I am trying to use Pardiso for my computation, and I am getting the following error messages why I try to run the Problem

*** error PARDISO ( sequence_ido,parameters) error_num= 10
*** Input check: iparam(6) -66969200 (out of bounds)
*** input parameters inconsistent error= 10 max_fac_store_in: 1
matrix_number_in: 1 matrix_type_in: 11
ido_in : 33 neqns_in : 540
ia(neqns_in+1)-1 : 25578 nb_in : 1
Can Somebody shed some light to the meaning of these. Also when I did the Symbolic Factorisation and the LU factorisation, I am getting an error value of 1 instead of 0. What is the meaning of this, Such kind of error values are not defined in the mkl manual file.

Please shed some light in to these issues.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alexander_K_Intel2
Hi,

Firstly could you check your input matrix by matrix checker (set iparm(27) = 1)? Also what version of library you use to call PARDISO: lp64 or ilp64? And could you provide to us value of array iparm before call to PARDISO?
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
0 Kudos
mecipema
Beginner
Thank you sir,
I am using lp64. The values of iparam are

iparam(1) = 1
iparam(2) = 2
iparam(5) = 2
iparam(6) = 1
iparam(10) = 13
iparam(11) = 1
iparam(13) = 1
iparam(18) = -1
iparam(21) = 1
iparam(27) = 1

I have kept the iparam(27) to 1. Now where should I look to check the input matrix
0 Kudos
Alexander_K_Intel2
Hi,
PARDISO automatically check input matrix if iparam(27) = 1 and return error mesagge if there are some errors in matrix structure. Nevertheless it's seems to be some error in input parameters, could you provide to us some testcase that we could compile and run to reproduce problem? It could help us to find rootcase of this issue.
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
There is something amiss here.

Your input value of iparam(6) = 1, but Pardiso says it is -66969200.

Make sure that argument arrays are dimensioned and initialized properly before calling Pardiso. Complete code demonstrating the problem would be useful.
0 Kudos