Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Pardiso of-of-core memory estimates

Jens_E_
New Contributor I

Hi,

When I run Pardiso (phase=11) in In-core mode (iparm(60)=0), I can get the In-core memory requirement from max(iparm(15), iparm(16) + iparm(17)).

Can I, after running in in-core mode, use the value max(iparm(15), iparm(16)+iparm(63)) as the estimate for the Out-of-core memory requirement, or does this require that I first run Pardiso (phase=11) in out-of-core mode?

Jens 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Yes, you can do that. But, usually when you have some concerns to use in-core or OOC modes, at the first stage set iparm(60) == 1  and then analyze the required size of memory (  max(iparm(15), iparm(16)+iparm(17) – total peak memory consumed for in-core and max(iparm(15), iparm(16)+iparm(63) – for OOC modes) 

0 Kudos
Jens_E_
New Contributor I

Thanks! 

But I do not quite understand: is there a difference between using iparm(60)=1 and using iparm(60)=0 (or for that matter, iparm(60)=2) in the initial phase=11?

I want to first run pardiso in phase=11 to get the memory estimates, and then decide for myself whether or not to use out-of-core mode (not iparm(60)=1, but iparm(60)=0 or iparm(60)=2).

Best,
Jens

0 Kudos