Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Pardiso result problem

danielsue
Beginner

Hi All,

I have implemented pardiso solver in our model for flow simulation. Pardiso can solve most of our problem well and produce correct results. But recently I have a case that pardiso generates quite different results with our origional solver (ws209), which has been used for over ten years for our model.I guess if there is something wrong with the setting.

Please find the test codes (pardiso_unsym_f.f90), sparse matrices exported from our model (a_i.txt, b_i.txt, ia_i.txt, ja_i.txt), result generated by pardiso (x_out_i.txt) and result generated by ws209 solver (x_ws209_i.txt). The first value in each file is the number of values.

Can anybody help to have a check?

Thanks and regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Daniel,

I don't see big differences between x_ws209_1.txt x_out1.txt. Do you estimate the condition number of these matrixes?

0 Kudos
danielsue
Beginner

Gennady Fedorov (Intel) wrote:

Daniel,

I don't see big differences between x_ws209_1.txt x_out1.txt. Do you estimate the condition number of these matrixes?

Hi Gennady,

Thanks. I have estimated the condition number, these matrix are ill-conditioned. The condition number is around 1.0E15. The origional solver of our codes can solve but Pardiso can not produce correct result.

I know Pardiso cannot deal with singular matrix, but wonder if it can deal with ill-conditioned matrix?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos