Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

Problem compiling MKL sample fortran with visual studio - unresolved symbol sgesv_f95

ripittard
New Contributor I

I am new to MKL and using Intel Fortran with Visual Studio.   I just updated oneAPI base toolkit to enable MKL.  In Visual Studio I enabled the parallel option for MKL.   When I try to build the example gesv.f90 I get the following errors:

Linking...
1>Source1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol SGESV_F95 referenced in function MAIN__
1>Source1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol SGESV1_F95 referenced in function MAIN__

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The linking failed because you did not tell the linker to use the BLAS95 and Lapack95 libraries.

It is best to use the MKL Link Line Advisor, and select BLAS95 and LAPACK95 as appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The linking failed because you did not tell the linker to use the BLAS95 and Lapack95 libraries.

It is best to use the MKL Link Line Advisor, and select BLAS95 and LAPACK95 as appropriate.

ripittard
New Contributor I

Thanks Mecej4!  I had assumed that enabling MKL in MSVS would handle things automatically.

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Rittard,

Thanks for accepting the solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos