Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Problem with AMD processor

YusufThaer
Beginner

Hello,

I hope you are fine and safe.

I am using Visual Studio community 2019 with Intel oneAPI to run FORTRAN codes while using Intel math kernel library.

I have a problem that when I run the code on an AMD processor it only uses around 50% of the processor, but when I run the same code on a PC with intel processor, it uses around 90% of the processor.

Is there any solution to this program?

CPU: Ryzen 2600/2700/3600

RAM 16 GB

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities. We would like to request you to provide a sample reproducer and steps(if any) being followed by you to run the code and basically which sort of functions used in the code, so that we could work on your issue further.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
YusufThaer
Beginner

I am using VS 2019 community. My code is written in FORTRAN.

I run the code with active solution configuration (release) and active solution platform (x64). I am using MKL (Parallel /QMKL:parallel) for all the configurations.

Runtime Library (Multithread DLL(/libs:dll /threads)

my code consist of a large do loop and inside it, there are a few do loops.

in side the large do loop I use functions like matmul, MKL_dcsrgemv, and PARDISO.

While running the code on an AMD processor, the processor utilization for the code doesn't exceed 55%, on cpu such as i5 6500 it uses around 70%. I don't understand why the utilization on intel processors are higher than AMD processor ( I tested this on Ryzen 2600,2700,3600).

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi

Since the platforms and specifications are different, the utilization could vary.

We provide support with respect to Intel platform only on this forum. We will not be able to provide support for AMD platform.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Reminder:

Has the information provided helped? Please let us know if we could close this thread from our end.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

As we haven't heard back from you, we assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos