Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646

Problems in linking to MKL

newguy
Beginner
I have recently downloaded Intel's MKL and installed it. But I am having problems in trying to link to the lapack32 library. Any help is appriciated. Here is sample of what I did. ifc -Vaxlib -L/opt/intel/mkl60/lib/32/ -lmkl_lapack32 -lpthreads -openmp variablesize.f 9 Lines Compiled /usr/lib/crt1.o:In function '_start':*** /usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x18): unidentified reference to 'main' /opt/intel/mkl60/lib32/libmkl_lapack32.so: undefined reference to 'chemm' /opt/intel/mkl60/lib32/libmkl_lapack32.so: undefined reference to 'sspr' /opt/intel/mkl60/lib32/libmkl_lapack32.so: undefined reference to 'strsm' /opt/intel/mkl60/lib32/libmkl_lapack32.so: undefined reference to 'ctrmm' etc, etc The above bolded errors I always get, I think this is due to not linking to the proper library The other errors are occuring when I try to link to lapack32 library in the mkl package. I've read through a lot of support material but to no avail any help is appriciated. Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
cp_jain
Beginner
Hi AFAIK just linking lapack32.so is not enough. You should also link libmkl_def.so or libmkl_p4.so Please read MKL's documentation to get more information on this. Regarding usr/lib/crt1.o:In function '_start':*** /usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x18): unidentified reference to 'main' error - you will get this error if you try to create an executable with file without the main function. Use -c option to just compile the file (without main function). cp
newguy
Beginner
Thanks my Desi friend, it works now.