Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6981 Discussions

Problems related to use mkl95_precision and mkl95_blas

Hyoun-tae_Hwang
Beginner
I am testing blas examples one by one with a MKL version of 10.0.5.025 for Windows.
I am using Intel fortran Intel Fortran Compiler Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008, 11.0.3451.2008.

Actually, I followed the instructions for linking to MKL, but I always have errors related to

Error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths [MKL95_PRECISION]
Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [MKL95_BLAS]

I already checked the include and library folders which are generated after installaition, but there are no such lib and mod files.And, I also checked previous threads listed on this forum, but the differences between previous one and mine is that I cannot find the MKL95_PRECISION and MKL95_BLAS files.

Is there anybody knowing howtosolve this problem?
I would appreciate if anyone can give me some advise.
Thanks,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
The Fortran 95 interfaces to Blas and Lapack are not provided in ready-to-use form, as they are, apparently, considered 'optional'.

However, the sources and makefiles are provided for building the interfaces (the .mod files) and the F95 libraries, in the MKL/interfaces/.. directories. Read the comments at the beginning of the makefiles to select the options suited to your installation, build and install.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Fortran85 interfaces for BLAS and LAPACK has been included to the standart package of MKL since version 10.2.

You can find Fortran95 BLAS and LAPACK mod files into /include/ folders.

All of these modules and mkl_blas95 and mkl_lapack95 libraries are pre-built with the Intel compiler.

In the case you are working with others compiler, you have to build this mod files by you can build them by yourself.

--Gennady

0 Kudos