Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Programming with MKL?

liubing84
Beginner

Questions:

First : If I have installed MKL 10.0, There is no need for me to use IMSL, is that right?

Second : I want to use MKL to solve a linear equation A*x=b, and this is a general one. My operation environment is: Windows XP, VS2005 plus Intel Fortran 10.1 plus MKL, and I follow the procedure to configure:

1 Select Project>Properties>Linker>General

2 For Additional Library Directories, add the architecture-specific ' lib' folder,

3 Select Project>Properties>Linker>Input

4 In the Additional Dependencies line, insert mkl_c.lib libguide.lib

5 Select Project>Properties>Fortran>General

6 For Additional Include Directories, add the' include ' folder

Is the above procedure right? Do i need to ' include ' something at the top of my codes? What should it be?

Thank you for your kind attention!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You haven't indicated any requirement for IMSL in your usage; unless you require special IMSL functions, I think we would recommend using MKL directly.

mkl.h is a C include file. Much of bentomkins advice appears to be predicated on the assumption you will use C++.

For Fortran 77, there are optional include files (for checking call syntax). For the Fortran 95 interface, the corresponding USE modules from the Fortran include directory are required.
0 Kudos
liubing84
Beginner
Thank you very much! Iuse Fortran to code.
0 Kudos
Todd_R_Intel
Employee
Ben! Thanks for the wealth of information.

liubing84:
As to what you should put at the top of your code, there are many example programs in the examples directory of MKL. Perusing the source files might prove helpful.

Todd
0 Kudos