Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6981 Discussions

Questions on DPC++ known limitations with oneAPI libraries

xlsoft
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

As oneMKL's known issue, static linking on Windows can take significant time (up to 10 minutes) and linking static libraries can lead to a large application size due to GPU kernels.
https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-math-kernel-library-release-notes.html

It seems that oneMKL's feature has limited support. I see that the workaround exists with dynamic link; however, would you be able to tell me an estimate as to when this issue will be solved by any chance? Is there any other oneAPI library that has the same issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

We are forwarding your query to the concerned team.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
xlsoft
New Contributor II

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for forwarding my question to the team! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
XLsoft 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

This problem is related to one MK only and is caused by some compiler issues. We are expecting the problem will fix in the next updates of oneMKL ( probably the next update 2), but there is not a final decision. Nevertheless, we will keep this thread inform when this problem will fix.

Thanks,

Gennady

0 Kudos
xlsoft
New Contributor II

Hi Gennady,

Thank you for your confirmation on the issue and plan for the fix in the future. I appreciate that you will keep this thread open. I look forward to hearing from you about the update.

Best regards,
XLsoft Corporation

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

The problem has been resolved into the oneAPI v 2021.2 which available for download.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

The issue is closing and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

0 Kudos