Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Reinstall MKL Composer Edition Evaluation

alex_c_5
Beginner

I installed MKL Composer Edition Evaluation in "/usr/local/lib" but I can't find where include and lib are at the first time.

Therefore, I decided to uninstall it first. Then, when I tried to reinstall it, "Something wrong with package." showed.

Is there anyone can help me?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Alex

could you please tell what is the name of your install package and show your whole user/local/lib folder?  usually, the include, lib folder should be  installed 

in compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.181/linux/mkl .  for example, 

yhu5@ivb01-ub:/opt/intel$ cd compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.181/linux/

bin/           daal/          ipp/           mkl/           pkg_bin/
compiler/      documentation/ man/           mpi/           tbb/
yhu5@ivb01-ub:/opt/intel$ cd compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.181/linux/mkl/
yhu5@ivb01-ub:/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.181/linux/mkl$ ls
benchmarks  bin  examples  include  interfaces  lib  samples  tools
yhu5@ivb01-ub:/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.181/linux/mkl$

You may see the symbol link in other folders. 

Best Regards,

Ying 

0 Kudos
alex_c_5
Beginner

Hi Ying,

First, the name is "Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer Edition Update2".

Second, here is the image,http://imgur.com/4yKkE1x, showing my whole "/usr/local/lib".

Third, I did found "/opt/intel" after uninstalling the package and I deleted it for reinstalling the package.

However, it didn't work. I still couldn't reinstall the package.

Besides, what do you mean by "You may see the symbol link in other folders."? 

Sorry for being stupid. Your reply is highly appreciated. Wish to hear from you again soon. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for the reply.  first i may claim that, by default, all intel products (include mkl) are installed in /opt/intel,  not /usr/local/lib. 

So if you are installed Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer Edition Update2 (IPS XE upate 2)  with default installation, you should see all files in /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.181/linux/. 

I saw your image, but it seems only python 2.x, python 3.x under /usr/local/lib.  You mentioned install (IPS XE update 2) to /usr/local/lib , do you mean, when install, you change the default folder, and enter the destination folder as /usr/local/lib? 

If yes, then you may need check if /usr/local/lib have write right, and under it you should see  folder compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.181. 

If there is issue about the install package, I provided you a MKL install package link, could you please try it  with default install (most of  them just require click return key) and check the folder

/opt/intel/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.181/linux/?

Best Regards,

Ying 

0 Kudos
alex_c_5
Beginner

Hi Ying,

I didn't get any link. Would you please provide it again?

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Alex, 

I send by email to you. 

You can use your existing license or get one new community free licence from 

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl/  =>  https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-mkl/try-buy

Best Regards,

Ying 

0 Kudos