Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

SEGFAULT in mkl_dcoomv() on Xeon Phi

Daniel_L_1
Beginner

I keep getting segmentation faults within mkl_dcoomv() function from MKL invoked in a native mode program on Xeon Phi (KNC). The code works well on the host (Haswell) as well as with the CSR strorage format (mkl_dcsrmv()) instead of COO. So, the problem happens only with the combination of COO an MIC.

In a debugger, I got the following error message:

Catchpoint -1 (signal SIGSEGV), 0x00007ffff514cc8a in mkl_spblas_lp64_dcoo0ng__c__mvout_mic () from /apps/all/imkl/2017.0.098-iimpi-2017.00-GCC-5.4.0-2.26/mkl/lib/mic/libmkl_intel_thread.so

The MKL and compiler versions are both 2017.

The code can be found here.

Any hints?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Zhang_Z_Intel
Employee

Can you please provide the command line used for compiling and linking the code for KNC?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Daniel_L_1
Beginner

There's a Makefile in the referenced project as well:

https://github.com/DanielLangr/abhsf/blob/master/spmv/unified/Makefile

0 Kudos
Zhang_Z_Intel
Employee

It may be an issue of conflicting or incompatible OpenMP library. Make sure you link with the same OpenMP lib that comes with the icc compiler. 

0 Kudos
Daniel_L_1
Beginner

I believe I use the same library. I even tried to copy the OpenMP library manually to a special folder. And I also tried to use older 2016 version of MKL and icc. All without succes. As I wrote, with the CSR format all works well.

0 Kudos