Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

SPARSE BLAS CSR FORMAT

Aaron_M_
Beginner

There seems to be no consistency with the CSR format in mkl. Using the function "mkl_ddnscsr", I convert a matrix, A, to csr format. It works great, because I put that into "dfeast_scsrev" and have no problems. But when I want to use "mkl_dcsrmm" what the hell are pointers b and e? I've uploaded my code and was hoping someone could take a look. Is there a function that converts dense matrices into csr format for sparse BLAS?

Aaron.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Noah_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, I will research what is happening and some best known methods for what you are trying to do.

0 Kudos
Aaron_M_
Beginner

Noah,

Thank you for the help. I'll be anxiously waiting, let me know!

Aaron.

0 Kudos
Noah_C_Intel
Employee

In your example matrices B and C were print transposed. I’ve implemented 2 different example with modification to represent in the correct way (in Fortran style/example-2) and case when we decided numbering elements of B and C during row (C style/example).

0 Kudos
Aaron_M_
Beginner

Noah,

Thanks for the help. Did you just change "matdescra[3] = F" to "matdescra[3]=C"? I don't see anyother changes.

Aaron.

0 Kudos
Noah_C_Intel
Employee

Don't forget job[2] = 1; //change to 0; in mkl_ddnscsr(job,&n,&n,A,&n,Acsr,AJ,AI,&info);

0 Kudos