Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Scalapack on Mac OS X

Carsten_F_
Beginner

What are the chances of seeing scalapack in mkl for Mac OS X in near future?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Hello Carsten,

We don't see many customer who are making distribute computations. Can you give more details which system you are running ? 

--Gennady

0 Kudos
Carsten_F_
Beginner

hi gennady,

i'm trying to compile a first principle electronic structure code for a mac cluster. the make file has a serial target and a mpi+scalapack target. the latter does not compile because of lacking scalapack support in mkl.

carsten

0 Kudos
Melissa_H_
Beginner

Gennady,

I second Carsten's comments. We would like to use it for similar reasons. I think there is more interest in this than you think, and the interest is certainly growing.

With regards,

Melissa

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Melissa,

Cluster components (Cluster Sparse Solver, Cluster FFT, ScaLAPACK) are now available for OS X*.

you may find it into MKL v 11.3 beta. see the announce about that on the top of MKL forum.

regards, Gennady

0 Kudos
davydden1
Beginner

Dear Gennady,

It seems Cluster components (ScaLAPACK and friends) are missing from the community license MKL (free). Is it intentional or just an omission?

Regards, Denis.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Denis, the community package contains the similar components as a commercial version. By the default, cluster components have not been installed. Please try to reinstall the package and select these components for installation.

0 Kudos
davydden1
Beginner

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply, Gennady! I indeed missed those cluster components when I was first installing MKL.

0 Kudos