Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

Static Linking with MKL in Debug-mode

Clemens
Beginner

Dear all,

I am using Visual Studio 2019 and Parallel Studio 2020 XE 2020. I want to statically link to MKL, but get  LINK Error 2038 ("mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' diesn't match '2'..." and "mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MT_StaticRelease' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug). This is the minimal source code which reproduces the problem:

#include <iostream>
#include <mkl.h>

int main()
{
    std::cout << "Hello World!\n";

int n = 5;
	long long d;
	double data;

sparse_matrix_t* A = 0;
	auto sparse_status_t = mkl_sparse_d_create_csr(A, SPARSE_INDEX_BASE_ONE, n, n, &d, &d,
		&d, &data);
}

Please find attached the verbose output of the Linker and the minimal Visual Studio solution which reproduces the problem. When switching to 'Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)' everything linke fine.
What could be the problem here?
-- Clemens

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Thanks for the issue. We already informed about such kind of issue and we started investigating the cause of the problem. We will keep this thread informed.

0 Kudos
yangzn
Beginner

i met this exactly same problem

and i changed to LINUX and this problem dissappeared

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

The fix of the issue is planning to be released in the next update. We will keep this thread updated. 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

The fix of the problem has been released in the latest version of MKL 2021.1 which available to download.

0 Kudos