Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Strange warning with Visual Studio 2010

matse
Beginner
Hello,
at the momemt I'm trying to compile a linux project (static library) on windows with virual studio 2010. The program runs fine, just one compiler warning worries me:
[cpp]mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib(mkl_intel_thread.dll) : warning LNK4006: __NULL_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR already defined in "mkl_intel_c_dll.lib(libimalloc.dll)"; second definition ignored.

libiomp5md.lib(libiomp5md.dll) : warning LNK4006: __NULL_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR already defined in "mkl_intel_c_dll.lib(libimalloc.dll)"; second definition ignored.[/cpp]

I tried the "automatic" VS linker and manually changed the options as proposed by the linking advisor (dynamic linking).
Has anybody a suggestion how to resolve this issue?
Greetings,
matse
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Joel_V_1
Beginner

I have the same problem.....anyone know a solution?

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...warning LNK4006: __NULL_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR already defined... The warning informed already that the second symbol is ignored. If the warning is related ( for example ) to a mkl_intel_c_dll.lib library then you could try to add that library to a list of Ignored Libraries at: Project Properties -> Configuration Properties -> Linker -> General -> Ignore Import Library
0 Kudos