Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

There is a strange comment on Wikipedia about Intel(R) MKL

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

This is a very generic post and I found a strange comment on Wikipedia about Intel(R) MKL and take a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Linear_Algebra_Subprograms

Intel MKL
The Intel Math Kernel Library, supporting the old Intel Pentium ( although there are some doubts about future support to the Pentium architecture ), Core and Itanium CPUs under Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.[9]

I checked Release Notes of MKL version 10 Initial Release and this is a quote:

Supported processors - The following is a list of processors on which Intel(R) MKL is expected to run.

Intel(R) CoreT processor family
Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor family
Intel(R) Itanium(R) processor family
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 processor family
Intel(R) Pentium(R) III processor
Intel(R) Pentium(R) processor (300 MHz or faster)
Intel(R) Celeron(R) processor
AMD Athlon* and Opteron* processors

Also, a dedicated web-page for MKL on Wikipedia needs to be updated, more generic details are needed and it would be nice to add a history of MKL.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Sergey,

Thanks a lot for the note.  I will discuss it and see how we can fix the problem.

Best Regards,

Ying

0 Kudos
Zhang_Z_Intel
Employee

Information on Wikipedia is not always correct. Fortunately, it's easy to get the up-to-date official statement about hardware support for MKL from Intel website. See "Intel MKL 11.0 System Requirement" (http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-110-system-requirements/):

Intel MKL for IA-32 Hardware Requirements:

• A system with an IA-32 processor supporting the Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions.
  • 1600MB of free hard disk space, plus an additional 300MB during installation for download and temporary files.

Intel MKL for Intel® 64 Hardware Requirements:

• A system with an Intel 64 architecture processor supporting the Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions.
  • 1700MB of free hard disk space, plus an additional 600MB during installation for download and temporary files.
0 Kudos