Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Trigonometric Transforms

JakubV
Novice

Hello,

does anyone know, where I can find the exact mathematical formulas, that are implemented in MKL subroutines for the trigonometric transforms (part of PDE support)? Including index ranges and normalization factors. Thanks.

Trigonometric Transforms Implemented

JakubV

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JakubV
Novice

I can see now, that the Trigonometric Transforms Implemented page has just been updated!

That is exactly what I needed. Thank you, Intel, for a prompt reaction.

Jakub

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please let us know your use case here? Please elaborate on your issue and requirement for mathematical formulas that are implemented in MKL subroutines.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
JakubV
Novice

Dear Vidya,

thank you for looking into that.

What I'd like to see is an equivalent of the formula that you specify for the Fourier Transform Functions

at the beginning of this page.

That is, what exact sums are calculated by the Forward/Backward Cosine/Sine Unstaggered/Staggered/Staggered2

MKL routines, and how are they related to DCT-I, DCT-II, DCT-III, and DCT-IV from Rao 1990?

Rao, K.R. and Yip, P. Discrete Cosine Transform. Algorithms, Advantages, Applications. Academic Press Inc., 1990.

My case is simple, I want to use the DCT for fast Chebyshev approximation calculation.

Best regards,

Jakub

0 Kudos
JakubV
Novice

I can see now, that the Trigonometric Transforms Implemented page has just been updated!

That is exactly what I needed. Thank you, Intel, for a prompt reaction.

Jakub

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Jakub,

As the issue is resolved we are closing this thread. Please post a new question if you need any additional assistance from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos