Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6980 Discussions

Unclassifiable error on second call to dss_reorder

potaman
Beginner

I am solving a nonlinear problem that requires me to construct and solve a matrix many times for which I wish to use dss in MKL10.2.6.038.The code is in fortran 90 and I use ifort 11.0.046.The structure of the matrix changes and hence the solver has to be deleted and reconstructed at every iteration. When I run my code , it runs fine the first time, however on the second iteration, dss_reorder crashes with an unclassifiable error.
This happens irrespective of whether the matrix is the same or not. the second call to dss_reorder fails. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
potaman
Beginner
I tried changing to 10.3.3.174 and got that a Memory Overwrite in lda-m gap error. any idea what this means?
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
"The structure of the matrix changes and hence the solver has to be deleted and reconstructed at every iteration" - what do you mean by "the solver has to be deleted"? Please show thow order of invoking dss routines and be much better if you give us the test case.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
potaman
Beginner
Step 1 .
At each time step do,
error = dss_create(handle,MKL_DSS_DEFAULTS)
error = dss_define_structure(handle,MKL_DSS_NON_SYMMETRIC,ia,n,n,ja,nnz)
dss_reorder(handle,MKL_DSS_AUTO_ORDER,perm)
!! then for a number of iterations I do.
error = dss_solve_real(handle,MKL_DSS_DEFAULTS,b,1,x)
!! After the code has converged
error = dss_delete(handle,MKL_DSS_DEFAULTS)
At the first time step this works fine. at the second time step . I am able to create the solver and define its structure. but when the call is made to dss_reorder, I get
Memory overwrite in lda-m gap: loc( -65536, 21322608) = 0.0000000 , Invalid message level
0 Kudos
Konstantin_A_Intel
Hi,
Where do you call dss_factor?
Regards,
Konstantin
0 Kudos