Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
6434 Discussions

Using MPI FFTW Wrapper Library problem

Boris_Rozenshteyn__I
I'm currently porting application from GNU FFTW2.0 to Intel MKL FFTW using Wrapper Library under 64-bit Linux.
I've successfully built libfftw2x_cdft_DOUBLE.a and I'm linking my app with that line:

mpicc    main.o  run.o  predict.o begrun.o endrun.o global.o timestep.o  init.o restart.o  io.o accel.o   read_ic.o  ngb.o system.o  allocate.o  density.o gravtree.o hydra.o  driftfac.o domain.o  allvars.o potential.o forcetree.o   peano.o gravtree_forcetest.o pm_periodic.o pm_nonperiodic.o longrange.o   -g    -L/usr/common/pdsoft/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm -Wl,--start-group /usr/local/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.a /usr/local/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_sequential.a /usr/local/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.a /usr/local/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libfftw2x_cdft_DOUBLE.a -Wl,--end-group -lpthread    -o  Gadget2  

And I'm getting the problem of undefined reference in MKL files:

/usr/local/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libfftw2x_cdft_DOUBLE.a(rnd_create_plan.o): In function `rfftw2d_mpi_create_plan':
rnd_create_plan.c:(.text+0xc9): undefined reference to `DftiCreateDescriptorDM'
rnd_create_plan.c:(.text+0x10a): undefined reference to `DftiSetValueDM'
/usr/local/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libfftw2x_cdft_DOUBLE.a(rnd_create_plan.o): In function `rfftw3d_mpi_create_plan':
rnd_create_plan.c:(.text+0x2dc): undefined reference to `DftiCreateDescriptorDM'
rnd_create_plan.c:(.text+0x31d): undefined reference to `DftiSetValueDM'
/usr/local/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libfftw2x_cdft_DOUBLE.a(rnd_create_plan.o): In function `rfftwnd_mpi_create_plan':
rnd_create_plan.c:(.text+0x571): undefined reference to `DftiCreateDescriptorDM'
rnd_create_plan.c:(.text+0x5a7): undefined reference to `DftiCreateDescriptorDM'
rnd_create_plan.c:(.text+0x5f4): undefined reference to `DftiSetValueDM'
/usr/local/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libfftw2x_cdft_DOUBLE.a(rnd_fftw.o): In function `rfftwnd_mpi':
rnd_fftw.c:(.text+0x67): undefined reference to `DftiSetValueDM'
rnd_fftw.c:(.text+0x8b): undefined reference to `DftiSetValueDM'
rnd_fftw.c:(.text+0xe7): undefined reference to `DftiComputeForwardDM'
rnd_fftw.c:(.text+0x10b): undefined reference to `DftiComputeBackwardDM'
rnd_fftw.c:(.text+0x131): undefined reference to `DftiSetValueDM'
rnd_fftw.c:(.text+0x185): undefined reference to `DftiComputeForwardDM'
rnd_fftw.c:(.text+0x1a6): undefined reference to `DftiComputeBackwardDM'
rnd_fftw.c:(.text+0x1cf): undefined reference to `DftiSetValueDM'
/usr/local/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libfftw2x_cdft_DOUBLE.a(rnd_local_sizes.o): In function `rfftwnd_mpi_local_sizes':
rnd_local_sizes.c:(.text+0x39): undefined reference to `DftiGetValueDM'
rnd_local_sizes.c:(.text+0x71): undefined reference to `DftiGetValueDM'
rnd_local_sizes.c:(.text+0xa9): undefined reference to `DftiGetValueDM'
rnd_local_sizes.c:(.text+0xdd): undefined reference to `DftiGetValueDM'
rnd_local_sizes.c:(.text+0x111): undefined reference to `DftiGetValueDM'
/usr/local/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.a(_DftiFreeDescriptorDM_lp64.o): In function `DFTIFREEDESCRIPTORDM_':
_DftiFreeDescriptorDM.c:(.text+0x2): undefined reference to `mkl_cdft_DftiFreeDescriptorDM'
/usr/local/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.a(_DftiCommitDescriptorDM_lp64.o): In function `DFTICOMMITDESCRIPTORDM_':
_DftiCommitDescriptorDM.c:(.text+0x2): undefined reference to `mkl_cdft_DftiCommitDescriptorDM'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Gadget2] Error 1

What am I doing wrong?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gennady_F_Intel
undefined reference to `DftiCreateDescriptorDM'....
This is the Cluster FFT function, therefore you have to add CFFT libs like
-Wl,--start-group ....... libmkl_cdft_core.a ...libmkl_blacs_lp64.a -Wl,--end-group 
see the Linker Adviser for the details.