Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

VIsual studio 2015 integration weird issue

pascal_M_
Beginner

I installed visual studio 2013 ultimate, then intel parallel studio 2017 cluster edition (exclusively for the MKL) and the latter was integrated in visual studio 2013 (access, through visual studio menus, properties etc, to intel functionalities, c++ compiler etc). Maily to use the c++ mkl library.

Now, I installed visual studio 2015 enterprise, and I would like my intel parallel studio 2017 cluster edition to be integrated to it.

I relaunched the setup.exe of intel parallel studio 2017 cluster edition and saw no option allowing me to achieve this. I even repaired (it's an option in the installer) my intel parallel studio 2017 cluster edition installation, without success.

I could uninstall intel parallel studio 2017 and reinstall it, I am sure it's going to be integrated in visual studio 2013 and visual studio 2015, but I'd like to avoid this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Where you chose repair,modify should work If the new vs and c++are visible..

0 Kudos
pascal_M_
Beginner

Thx tim, but as wrote, I even repaired (it's an option in the installer) my intel parallel studio 2017 cluster edition installation, without success.

What do you mean by "If the new vs and c++are visible" ?

Because when I uninstalled intel parallel studio 2017 cluster edition and reinstalled it, my visual studio 2015 was visisble indeed whereas it wasn't when I simply (and normally) choosed to repair/modify intel parallel studio 2017.

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Pascal,

What's the exact file name of your "setup.exe" in parallel studio 2017? I just tried the "Modify" option using w_mkl_2017.0.109_online.exe installer, it allows me to "Choose Integration Target", where you have options to choose VS 2013 or VS 2015. Now seems you have parallel studio 2017 installed again, you may try to Modify and see if the same issue exist. Thanks!

0 Kudos