Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

VML 32-bit/64-bit performance

Robert_E_1
Beginner

Can you tell me if the VML performance tables at https://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/mkl/vm/functions/_performanceall.html were measured using the 32-bit mode or the 64-bit mode of the processor?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Marius_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Robert,

The numbers posted are of 64-bit mode

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Robert,

I've took your thread and still investigate on it. I notice you created a new ticket with similar issues. May I close the new one and answer it in this thread?

Best regards,
Fiona

0 Kudos
Robert_E_1
Beginner

Hi Fiona -- By "new ticket" do you mean "Accuracy/performance of Intel Math Library"?  This is about a different library, so it may be a bit confusing to others if it is answered under this thread.  But I have no objection if you wish to do so.  Robert

0 Kudos
Marius_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Robert,

The numbers posted are of 64-bit mode

Marius

0 Kudos
Robert_E_1
Beginner

Hi Marius -- Thanks very much for the reply.  Would you be able to tell me whether you expect similar performance from the 32-bit version of the VML library, or would there be significant differences?

0 Kudos
Marius_C_Intel
Employee

Robert,

Yes, I would expect similar numbers. However, at least for some functions I would expect somewhat (but not drastically) lower performance in 32-bit mode than in 64-bit, mainly because in 32-bit mode fewer registers are used, and some will be of smaller size.

Marius

0 Kudos
Robert_E_1
Beginner

Thanks Marius.  Robert

0 Kudos