Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

VS + MKL: dgemm_example.c - ERROR: mkl_intel_thread.dll is missing

Anna_D_
Beginner

Hi,

I have a following problem. I have installed Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows (with Intel MKL 11.3 Update 2), and during the installation I chose the option of integrating it with Visual Studio 2015. I use Visual Studio Community 2015. Then, using mklvars.bat file I setup environmental variables. In Properties of a new Win32 VS project I selected the option "Use Intel Math Kernel Library: Parallel". Unfortunately, when compiling dgemm_example.c in Visual Studio, I keep getting error messages: "mkl_intel_thread.dll is missing, Try to reinstall the program" and then "Unhandled exception at 0x7706D3C2 (ntdll.dll) in MKL_dgemm.exe: 0xC0000135: Unable to Locate DLL.".

I have reinstalled Intel Parallel Studio, but it didn't change anything. I searched for clues in many forums but didn't find anything that works for me. Please, I am desperated for help and I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance :)

Shmoo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gennady_F_Intel

Shmoo, do you see this mkl_intel_thread.dll on your system?  You may find out mkl's 32 dll into ...\compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.180\windows\redist\ia32\mkl\  directory. if the dll is there, then you may try directly linking with mkl. Please have a look at the MKL's user's guide "Automatically Linking Your Microsoft Visual C/C++* Project with Intel® MKL".  Also, You may find out more details how to manually links your application with MKL - https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-use-lapack95. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gennady_F_Intel

Shmoo, do you see this mkl_intel_thread.dll on your system?  You may find out mkl's 32 dll into ...\compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.180\windows\redist\ia32\mkl\  directory. if the dll is there, then you may try directly linking with mkl. Please have a look at the MKL's user's guide "Automatically Linking Your Microsoft Visual C/C++* Project with Intel® MKL".  Also, You may find out more details how to manually links your application with MKL - https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-use-lapack95. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos