Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

Version of MKL compatible with /SAFESEH

kenrussell
Beginner
We compile our Windows executable with Visual Studio 2008 and the /SAFESEH linker option. When attempting to link against the MKL static libraries, we get dozens of errors like the following:

mkl_core.lib(_p4m_xdcopy.obj) : error LNK2026: module unsafe for SAFESEH image.

Removing the /SAFESEH option from our binaries works, but we don't want to do this. The documentation for linker error LNK2026 indicates that the modules in question need to be compiled with Visual C++ .NET 2003 or later. Is MKL built with Visual Studio or Intel's compilers? Would it be possible to have the Windows version of MKL be rebuilt so that it can be linked with executables using /SAFESEH?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Yes, MKL is building by the Intel Compiler. What version are you talking about? We need to check this problem.
0 Kudos
kenrussell
Beginner
We are using the latest version of the MKL, 10.3.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
I didn't reproduce the problem. please see project attached as an example. This is the VS2008 solution linked with 10.3 version. Win32. static linking. I used the simplest function - cblas_caxpyi(,,,,);
--Gennady
0 Kudos
kenrussell
Beginner
The problem seems to be related to the use of the DFTI functions. Attached is a modified version of your project which reproduces the problem. The essential changes are in test.cpp so you can just pick those up. I also changed the linked libraries tomkl_intel_c.lib, mkl_sequential.lib, and mkl_core.lib, which is what we are using in our project.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
yes, I reproduced the problem with DFTI based example.

Would it be possible to have the Windows version of MKL be rebuilt so that it can be linked with executables using /SAFESEH?

We need to investigate the effort required to provide this capability and also any possible side-effects - primarily related to performance - that it might introduce.

--Gennady

0 Kudos
kenrussell
Beginner
We need to investigate the effort required to provide this capability and also any possible side-effects - primarily related to performance - that it might introduce.
Would it be possible to get a status update on this investigation? We intend to license the MKL, but this issue is a showstopper for our application.
0 Kudos
Evgueni_P_Intel
Employee
Hi
0 Kudos
kenrussell
Beginner
Hi

Thanks, that's great news.

Would it be possible to ask for a more precise time frame for the bug fix? All of the other alternatives we have, including using the DLL versions of the MKL, are really not desirable for our application.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Hi Ken,
the problem has been fixed in the latest 10.3 Update2 which is available now. Please let us know if the any further issues will be discovered.
Regards,Gennady

0 Kudos