Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Versions older than 2017 available?

de_Klein__Niek
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to use mkl 2016.1.111. On https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products I can find older versions, but the latest is from August 2017. Is it possible to get the mkl 2016.1.111 version from somewhere?

Thank you,

Niek

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Are there any specific reasons why you need to use this EOL version of MKL? 

0 Kudos
de_Klein__Niek
Beginner

Yes, I have a compiled binary that was made (not by me) with mkl version 2016.1.111 (on OSX) to do eigenvector decomposition. When I recompile the code using a newer version of MKL (on CentOS) and run it on the same data I get the same eigenvalues, and also the first eigenvector is the same, but subsequent eigenvectors get more and more different.
The function call changed (had to remove some const when initializing vslsSSCompute) so I think it might have to do with a difference in return values. I would like to test if I compile it with the EOL version if I get the same results, or if there is some other problem.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

> If you had the valid license, then you may try to submit the request to the intel online service center. This is the only way to get such EOL

binaries. 

> Could you give us the reproducer which shows this problem with the latest versions of MKL? ( "..run it on the same data I get the same eigenvalues, and also the first eigenvector is the same, but subsequent eigenvectors get more and more different.)

0 Kudos