Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Visual Studio 2010 (C++) + PARDISO Issue

Alemdar__Bulent
Beginner

Hi

I recently noticed this unusual behavior in one of our big products . I am solving the following system repeatedly: K U = F and

each time I call PARDISO to get U. I confirmed that it is the same K and F matrices passed into PARDISO at each call (size of these matrices are really small).

I follow the following steps at each PARDISO call: phase 11, phase 22 and phase 33 and then, -1 to release all memories allocated.

If I run the model from VS2010 (C++ and DEBUG mode) and if I use MKL 10.3.3, the first try to solve system is a success. But the 2nd try to solve the same system always stuck in phase 22 (I see all 8 cores hits 100%, and it keeps going like that and never bails out. I had to kill the process myself. Not sure what is happening but I might speculate that it i srelated todata racing orparallel running)

If I run the model from VS2010 and if I use MKL 10.2.5, it is always successfull on each call.

Quite interestingly: If I run my program directly (not from VS2010), I do not see any problem with MKL 10.3.3.

I tried to create a small project to duplicate this unusual behavior, but I couldnt make it. Somehow, it is only happening with my full program when running with VS2010 + MKL 10.3.3.

Does anyone see a similar problem with use of VS2010 + MKL 10.3.3?

Bulent

Computer: Windows 7, 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, Intel Core i7, 960 @ 3.20 GHz

PARDISO Settings (C++):

Matrix type : 2 (sym. Pos. definite)

m_iparm[0] = 1;

m_iparm[1] = 3;

m_iparm[5] = 1;

m_iparm[7] = 2;

m_iparm[9] = 13;

m_iparm[10] = 1;

m_iparm[17] = -1;

m_iparm[18] = -1;

m_iparm[24] = 1;

In my project, I do a static linking and I compile my projects against these files:

mkl_intel_c.lib

mkl_intel_thread.lib

mkl_core.lib

libiomp5md.lib

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sergey_Solovev__Inte
New Contributor I

Hi! Did this problem happen with specific K matrix or with any matrices?

0 Kudos
Alemdar__Bulent
Beginner
Sergey
It is happening with any matrix K.
bulent
0 Kudos