Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6980 Discussions

Why is this error reported:Exception thrown at 0x00007FF9BFB9478C (KernelBase.dll) (in mkl.exe): 0xC

NEROKAI
Beginner

Most of my functions can be called, but when I use sparse matrix addition, an error occurred.

I looked up a lot of information and couldn't find a reason.

Here's my code

#include <stdio.h>
#include <assert.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <mkl_spblas.h>
#include <mkl.h>

int main() {
	MKL_INT rowPtr[6] = { 0,3,5,8,11,13 };
	MKL_INT columns[13] = { 0,1,3,0,1,2,3,4,0,2,3,1,4 };
	float values[13] = { 1,-1,-3,-2,5,4,6,4,-4,2,7,8,-5 };
	sparse_matrix_t elementMatrix2; sparse_matrix_t elementMatrix3;
	mkl_sparse_s_create_csr(&elementMatrix2,SPARSE_INDEX_BASE_ZERO,5,5,rowPtr,rowPtr+1,columns,values);
	mkl_sparse_s_create_csr(&elementMatrix3, SPARSE_INDEX_BASE_ZERO, 5, 5, rowPtr, rowPtr + 1, columns, values);
	mkl_sparse_s_add(SPARSE_OPERATION_NON_TRANSPOSE, elementMatrix2, 1, elementMatrix2, &elementMatrix3);
}

The error is reported:Exception thrown at 0x00007FF9BFB9478C (KernelBase.dll) (in mkl.exe): 0xC06D007E: Module not found (argument: 0x0000006A362FF090).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Nero,

Reminder:

Could you please provide us with an update regarding the issue?

Please see the attached project file we tried it on our end (VS2019 16.9, also we tried it in command prompt but could not reproduce the error) and could see that it is working fine without throwing any such exceptions. Please get back to us if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Vidya.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Nero,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I've tested your code on windows(VS) as well in the Linux environment with the latest oneMKL 2022 but am unable to see the exception that you are getting.

Please do let me know your environment details, MKL version being used, and what is the command that you have used for compiling. If you are doing it in Visual Studio, feel free to share the project file (zip it before attaching) so that I could check what are the settings that you are following.

You can take help from the link line advisor which suggests the necessary compiling and linking options.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/onemkl-link-line-advisor.html#gs.vkw3ac

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Nero,

Reminder:

Could you please provide us with an update regarding the issue?

Please see the attached project file we tried it on our end (VS2019 16.9, also we tried it in command prompt but could not reproduce the error) and could see that it is working fine without throwing any such exceptions. Please get back to us if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
NEROKAI
Beginner

Thank you, here I re-downloaded MKL and reinstalled MKL, which solved the problem, thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Nero,

Thanks for the confirmation and glad to know that your issue is resolved.

As the issue is resolved we are closing this thread. Please post a new question if you need any additional information from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a Great Day!

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos