Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Wrappers compilation

saikiran-427
Beginner

I'm running a C++ code which uses a fftw3.h header filer. I downloaded the intel oneAPI .

I searched online and I found that one need to compile the fft wrappers before using them. 

Is it so, how can i do it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Are you using oneAPI Base toolkit or any standalone libraries?

Can you elaborate more about your problem?

If you are using oneAPI base toolkit, all the libraries are preinstalled. You can use the toolkit by sourcing the setvars file.

To source setvars.sh, run any one of the following commands according to the operating system you are using:

1. Linux

For root users:

source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh

For normal user installations:

source ~/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh

2. Windows

Run

C:\Program Files (x86)\intel\oneapi\setvars.bat

Thanks.

0 Kudos
saikiran-427
Beginner

I've source them. I sourced the setvars.sh file and set the environment variables.

I saw online that in the folder $MKLROOT/interfaces/fftw3xc, a make file is present and we have to run that make file.

when I ran that file using "make libintel64 compiler=intel" and got an error saying " icc command not found".

I've downloaded the intel one API base tookit from here "https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit/download.html"

the selected options are :

-distribution: web and local

-installer: online.

A .sh file is downloaded and I installed using that .sh file as a root user.

But I only downloaded some of the tools . I unchecked the ones which i felt unnecessary.

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

In Linux, after sourcing the oneAPI environment, if you want to use the fftw3 wrappers try including fftw folder like this:

icpc -mkl -I"${MKLROOT}/include/fftw" sample.cpp

If you want to use your own wrappers try viewing this link for more information:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/onemkl-developer-reference-c/top/appendix-c-fftw-interface-to-intel-math-kernel-library/fftw3-interface-to-intel-oneapi-math-kernel-library/building-your-own-fftw3-interface-wrapper-library.html

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Can you please let us know if your issue has been resolved or not?

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

HI,

Since we didn't hear back from you we are closing this thread for now. If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Have a Good day.

Regards

Rajesh

0 Kudos