Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Xcode config scheme for composer 2015

steve_o_
Beginner
I'm successfully using composer 2015 Fortran via command line but I'm attempting to integrate into Xcode 5 (Xcode 6.x is not working yet)

I'm using one of the demo programs to test compilation and linking with libs (using random no generators , mersenne twister etc)

If I try to run in Xcode I get the following linker error after setting the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in Xcode

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_vdrnguniform_", referenced from:
      _MAIN__ in iforta5IzJW.o
  "_vsldeletestream_", referenced from:
      _MAIN__ in iforta5IzJW.o
  "_vslnewstream_", referenced from:
      _MAIN__ in iforta5IzJW.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

I can compile and run from the command line using the following 

ifort mkl_vsl_uniform.f90   $MKLROOT/lib/libmkl_blas95_ilp64.a $MKLROOT/lib/libmkl_intel_ilp64.a $MKLROOT/lib/libmkl_core.a $MKLROOT/lib/libmkl_intel_thread.a   -o mkl_vsl_uniform

Removing $MKLROOT/lib/libmkl_intel_ilp64.a from the compilation gives the same error. So my question, is my DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set correctly or am I missing a linker setting somewhere? The following is my current command line env

Intel(R) Math Kernel Library (Intel(R) MKL) Link Tool v4.0
       ==========================================================

Output
======

Compiler option(s):
 -I/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.0.077/mkl/include

Linking line:
 -L/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.0.077/mkl/lib -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -openmp -lpthread -lm

Environment variable(s):
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.0.077/mkl/../compiler/lib:/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.0.077/mkl/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH;

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VipinKumar_E_Intel

Is it possible to attach your xcode project file?

0 Kudos
steve_o_
Beginner

Hi Vipin

Just a simple test, just trying to verify that my Xcode setup is correct so that MKL is useable

Is it possible to configure the debugger in xcode?, it's a bit of a pain relying on print statements for debug

please find attached sample xcode 5 project, I have xcode 6.1 as well but I don't think that is supported yet

regards

Steve

0 Kudos
steve_o_
Beginner

In case anyone else has this question in future. I found an old article on the Intel site for Xcode 3 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quick-link-intel-mkl-in-xcode-ide-a-fortran-sample

Just tried it with ifort 15 and Xcode 5.1.1 and it worked for me

0 Kudos