Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Z820 problem

Filip_Krolupper
Beginner
Hi, I bought MKL 3 years ago and I'm happy with it. Now I have a problem - I'm using 10.2.2.025 - FFT doesnt work on HP z820 workstation (it has 2 processors) and even calling FFT transform takes down the whole application. Its kind of strange, because it works on HP z420 fine (1 processor). Can you help me please? Upgrading on 10.3 would help?

thanks

Filip
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
hi, Filip
yes it should help. You can try to evaluate (valid for 30 days ) the latest update of MKL 10.3.11
What do you mean by FFT doesn't work?
--Gennady
0 Kudos
Filip_Krolupper
Beginner
Hi Gennady,
as I said before. It freezes or shuts down the whole application.

Filip
0 Kudos
barragan_villanueva_
Valued Contributor I
Filip,

Could you please run example located in the directory
$MKLROOT/mkl/examples/versionqueryc for C
or
$MKLROOT/mkl/examples/versionqueryf for FORTRAN
andshare with us output of the test?
0 Kudos
Filip_Krolupper
Beginner
Sure I can, but I'm running HP Z420 right now. HP Z820 has just one of customers that is not reachable ... does the output have any sense for you in that case?

thanks

Filip
0 Kudos
barragan_villanueva_
Valued Contributor I

It would be helpful for us to see outputs (located in .res files) of the test on both machines.

0 Kudos
Filip_Krolupper
Beginner
Ok, this is for my HP Z420:

Intel Math Kernel Library Version 10.2.2 Product Build 20090814 for Intel 64 architecture applications

Major version: 10
Minor version: 2
Update version: 2
Product status: Product
Build: 20090814
Processor optimization: Intel Core i7 Processor

I guess the output for Z820 will be the same. Both containing the same Xeon processor and the same redist for MKL.

Filip
0 Kudos
barragan_villanueva_
Valued Contributor I
Filip,

Thanks for the info.

MKL 10.2.2 recognized your machine HP Z420 as SSE4.2 only because of used very old MKL release.
What is on the second machine?

Could please create and send us small testcase to reproducethe problemon our side?
0 Kudos
Filip_Krolupper
Beginner
I purchased new MKL several hours before so I will test the new MKL at first. As I said before, I have no access to Z820 right now, it has my customer who was reporting the bug. I can ask him to access it tomorrow.

I can send you how I use fft, but I guess it has no sense. It works for all other computers ....

best

Filip
0 Kudos
barragan_villanueva_
Valued Contributor I
Congratulations!

New MKL will provide you with better performance on your HP Z820 Sandy Bridge.
0 Kudos
Filip_Krolupper
Beginner
here are the data from HP Z820 - it seem the same to me:

Intel Math Kernel Library Version 10.2.2 Product Build 20090814 for Intel 64 architecture applications

Major version: 10

Minor version: 2

Update version: 2

Product status: Product

Build: 20090814

Processor optimization: Intel Core i7 Processor

still dont have new MKL, because there is some problem with the payment ...

do you have any idea what can be wrong from the given debug info? what if new MKL doesn't help?

Filip
0 Kudos
barragan_villanueva_
Valued Contributor I
Filip,

It would be helpful to us to get some isolated testcase to reproduce the problem.
Otherwise, is it possible to send us binary executable file to see why it crashed to check on our side.
Also, what specific is for HP Z820: OS version (32/64-bit), environment, used linkline with MKL etc.
0 Kudos