Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

cannot find libimf.so

chou__chi-hui
Beginner

Situation:

After installing Intel Composer XE 19 and setting environment variables, I cannot use my internet in Ubuntu 18.04 and printing system in OpenSUSE Leap 15.1. The error message said that they(cups and networking service...) cannot find libimf.so and other library to intel composer. But if I install Intel Composer XE 19 without sudo and root, only within user environment, the system work smoothly. I asked the same question in OpenSUSE forum and someone suggested that I shouldn't use LD_LIBRARY_PATH. And some articles says LD_LIBRARY_PATH is evil. Now I just avoid using LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Question:

If I install Intel Composer XE 19 as administrator, how should I set environment variables? The installation manual says setting environment variables with "source /opt/intel/.../compilervars.sh intel64". But it causes a lot of troubles for me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gennady_F_Intel

This issue looks very suspicious. cups and networking service couldn't build and use intel compiler's libs. Here is the first time we hear about such a problem. You could try to address the same request to the intel c++ compiler forum. 

0 Kudos