Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

cluster_sparse_solver_64

Pan11
New Contributor I

I am finding that cluster_sparse_solver_64 fails to compute the correct solution when the number of non zeros exceeds 2147483647.  Attached is a modification of the the cl_solver_sym_f.f example to demonstrate the issue.  The example is modified to use a full symmetric matrix of size n. For n=65000 (nnz=2114576615) the solver succeeds. For n=67500 (nnz=2278158750), it fails.  Tests fail/pass regardless of mpisize.

Tests require about 200Gb Ram (if run a single node) and take several hours to run.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Pan,

I saw that you filed a ticket of this same issue in the online service center.

I will communicate with you in the online service center.

This thread will be closed.

Best regards,

Khang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Jeremie_V_
Beginner

As I mentioned before, I would love to get in contact with the developers as I have done extensive testing with both pardiso and cluster_sparse_solver routines and could provide more info that may be relevant. For example for pardiso_64, if you use the two-level factorization algorithm (fortran: iparm(24)=1), it also fails to provide to provide the correct solution for nnz > 2278158750, same way as the cluster_sparse_solver_64. 

Is this issue been resolved? I still get a similar problem with pardiso_64 and nnz > 2**31 and iparm(24)=1 (Fortran), with oneAPI 2022.1.0. Setting iparm(24) to 0 solved the issue.

0 Kudos
Pan11
New Contributor I

Nothing yet.  Khang  mentioned offline that a solution may come in the 23.1 release.

The frustrating issue is that although pardiso_64 works with iparm(24)=0, sparse_cluster_solver_64 does not.  So, for large systems where you need distributed memory and cores in multiple nodes, the solver fails.

P.

0 Kudos
Khang_N_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Pan,

I saw that you filed a ticket of this same issue in the online service center.

I will communicate with you in the online service center.

This thread will be closed.

Best regards,

Khang

0 Kudos
Pan11
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am still waiting for a solution to this issue.  Seems that Khang is no longer with Intel and no one responds to the ticket I opened up.  Is anyone monitoring this thread or open tickets?

Thanks, P.

0 Kudos