Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

data fitting df?Interpolate1D

Petros_Mamales
Beginner

Hi,

I am new in the data fitting land of mkl and have a couple of questions.

a) the main interpolate function, is the cell input  used if provided or is recalculated ( assuming that the pointer is not NULL)?

The reason I am asking is that, in the case of calibration of a parametric function the  points over which the updated function is

recalculated are given and therefore the search for their cell position redundant. My guess is no, since I don't see a flag that would

signify that the cell variable pointed memory is valid (i.e. not available for writting only).

b) the are two flags for the type input. If one uses the DF_CELL, is this different from a call to

df?SearchCells1D, other than the fact that the latter can be done on a task that has no function information ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help,

Petros

ps: Suggestion: the readability of the C-API of the data fitting routines would greatly benefit from constness wualifiers on pointers and data.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Andrey_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Petros, good catch.

_mkl_api(int,dfsIntegrate1D,(DFTaskPtr *, const MKL_INT *,  ...))

should be replaced with

_mkl_api(int,dfsintegrate1d,(DFTaskPtr *, const MKL_INT *, ...))

We would fix the inaccuracy in the function signature in future versions of Intel(R) MKL.

Andrey

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Petros,

this Feature Request has been implemented and available in the latest 11.1 Update 1. You can download this update from intel registration center and check how it works. 

Gennady

0 Kudos