Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

dss_factor_real export factorisation

Twoot
Beginner

Hello,

I am working on a method where I need the factorisation of the coefficient matrix.

Right now I call the routine dss_factor_real( handle, opt, rValues ) in C which creates a factorisation.

Can anybody tell me:

1. How is the factorisation stored within the Intel solver datastructure?
  2. Is it possible to export the factorisation for usage elsewhere in the code?

Thanks in advance.

Wouter

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

hello, 

1. we don't explore some details about this internal structure and

2. there is only one option for pardiso API ( not dss ) - `to store/restore internal Pardiso's structures to/from file and stop/continue execution ...

see Intel Pardiso documentation for details.

0 Kudos
Twoot
Beginner

Gennady F. (Intel) wrote:

hello, 

1. we don't explore some details about this internal structure and

2. there is only one option for pardiso API ( not dss ) - `to store/restore internal Pardiso's structures to/from file and stop/continue execution ...

see Intel Pardiso documentation for details.

Thank you for your reply.

So even if I store the Pardiso structure to file and stop execution, it would not be possible to explicitely use the factorisation in my own program?

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

explicitly - not possible at this moment. 

0 Kudos
Twoot
Beginner

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

In the following documentation: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-support-to-new-functionality-schur-complement

I found that the functionality that I was trying to implement is already implemented. Could you tell me if it is possible to use this functionality with the DSS interface to PARDSIO?

If not, is there a straight-forward way to migrate from the DSS interface to the more elaborate PARDISO API?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos