Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
6430 Discussions

dtrnlsp Example RCIRequest Flag Question

panfang
Beginner
When I look at the dtrnlsp Example, I have a question about the RCIRequest Flag.

One the website http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/hpc/mkl/webhelp/osr/functn_dtrnlsp_solve.html..., It is said that "RCI_Request= 0 that indicates successful completion of the task"

Do we need to quit when RCIRequest==0 ?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance : )

Jaiesy
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexander_K_Intel2
Hi Jaiesy,
In current version TR doesn't return 0 that correspond succesfull completion of the task. Now TR return RCI_Request from -6 to -1 that indicate successfull achivment one of 6 criteria.
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
panfang
Beginner
Hi, Alexander Kalinkin,

I am using MKL version 10.2, and there is a chance for RCI_Request return 0.

In that case what should I do? Should I change to the newest version or ?

Thanks a lot ; )

Jaiesy
Alexander_K_Intel2
HiJaiesy,

I was a bit wrong in previous answer - there is a chance for RCI_Request return 0 but it is mean that TR successfully completed one step (iteration of algorithm) but doesn't reached any stop criteria so you need to call _solve again. Thats why in TR example when RCI_Request is equal zero program calldtrnlsp_solve again in loop.

With best regards,

Alexander Kalinkin