Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

how to provide support for sparse matrices

DavidLivshin
Beginner

Hi

I came up with the parallel implementation of the

stochastic matrix calculation ( e.g. for a transition probabilities matrix in a Markov chain ),

see for

description

timing

Now I would like to provide implementation for a sparse input matrices. How do I do that?

Checking few applications that support sparse matrices, it seems that all of them provide routines that allow sparse matrices maintenance. Is that the way to follow?

Is there a standard for sparse matrices and a standalone library that supports this standard? It seems that there are some standards for sparse matrices format and few packages that support these formats but they offer much more that I need.

Thank you,

David

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Will you please give us more details on your use-case.

It seems that you want to use sparse matrices, and the Intel oneAPI MKL library has lots of subroutines to handle sparse matrices depending on the usecase. Please refer to the below link for more details.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/onemkl-developer-reference-c/top/sparse-solver-routines.html

So please give us specific details related to your use-case and issues so that we will get more clarity to solve your issues.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Please give us an update on the provided details.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
DavidLivshin
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
At the end I decided to implement my own support for the sparse matrices ( like, it seems, it is done by any other package dealing with that ).

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi David,

That's great,

Please update us if you have any other issues/problems related to this thread.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

As we haven't heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved.

We will no longer monitor this thread. If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread.

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos