Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6974 Discussions

install mkl with vcpkg if I already have oneAPI

Francis_B_Lee
Beginner

Hi, all,

I already have Intel oneAPI on my computer and built my previous projects with it, I am considering using vcpkg for my new project, do I need to install mkl again with vcpkg, or can I add the local oneAPI package to vcpkg?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel communities.

>>Do I need to install mkl again with vcpkg, or can I add the local oneAPI package to vcpkg?

If mkl's directories were added to the systems paths already, then no need to install mkl again with vcpkg. If mkl is not installed properly, it say's "Not all components required for linking are present on command line" for which you are expected to install mkl again with vcpkg.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Francis, we will contact our internal team on this issue and get back to you within 2-3 business days. Meanwhile, we appreciate your patience.

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel communities.

>>Do I need to install mkl again with vcpkg, or can I add the local oneAPI package to vcpkg?

If mkl's directories were added to the systems paths already, then no need to install mkl again with vcpkg. If mkl is not installed properly, it say's "Not all components required for linking are present on command line" for which you are expected to install mkl again with vcpkg.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

Francis_B_Lee
Beginner

Hi,

Great! Thanks a lot for your solution!

Best regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Reminder:

Has the solution provided helped? Please let us know if we could close this thread at our end.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos