Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

installing MKL on a build machine

Lori_Newhouse
Beginner
Im trying to understand the details of the single user license. Several developers in my group have such a license. We each have it installed on only one machine. We want to start a nightly build process on a new machine. I dont know if one of us can install on that machine or if we need to buy another license for it. I have looked at the knowledge base articles. The important concept seems to be in use at the same time. If the build machine is only going to compile-no one will be running the executable on that machine-does this count as in use?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,
Please refer to MKL licensing FAQs-
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-math-kernel-library-licensing-faq/#eula2

(copied relevant Q&A below)
Do I need to get a license for each machine being used to develop and test applications using Intel MKL library?
The number of licenses for Intel MKL that you need are determined by the number of developers in your organization. These can be deployed on any number of machines on which the application is built and/or tested as long as there is only the number of licensed copies in use at any given time. For example a development team of five developers using ten machines simultaneously for development and test activities with Intel MKL, will be required to get ten licenses ofIntel MKL. View the EULA for complete details.

From the above explanation, its clear that single license is can be installed another machine for nightly build process. Assuming that, you are developer is not using same license during nightly build process.

Summarizing above points; at any point of time, only one machine (either developer or build process) will be in use. Right?

Thanks,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
Beginner

Maybe it can use for group users,butthelicense must be deciphered .

0 Kudos
Lori_Newhouse
Beginner
Thanks for the clarification Naveen. Generally, the build machine will only be doing its activities late at night and I would not be working then. However, there will probably be times when we would kick-off a build during the day in response to some particular situation. So, there would likely then be a conflict with me also using the license. I'm going to go ahead and get a separate license for the build machine.

Lori
0 Kudos
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee
Hi Lori,
You are right, better to buy separate license..

Thanks,
Naveen Gv
0 Kudos