Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

libiomp5 not in MKL 10.3.9 for Linux?

aleliaert
Beginner
We just went from 10.0.010 to 10.3.9 and when trying to link, the libiomp5 library can't be found. The library files (libiomp5.a, libiomp5.so) were in our 10.0.010 install alongside all of the other MKL lib files, but not in the lib dir for our 10.3.9 install. I did a search throughout the composer_xe_2011_sp1 dir made by the installer, and couldn't find them in any other place.

Notes

If using GNU libgomp (as recommended by the "Link Line Advisor" when selecting GNU for OpenMP library), everything seems to compile. But we'd prefer to use iomp5 as we like to set KMP_AFFINITY to best suit our hardware.

We're using the x86_64 platform (aka em64t, intel64). I just tried the latest 10.3.9.293 as downloaded today.

If the libiomp5 libraries from our 10.0.010 install are symlinked to the lib dir of the 10.3.9 install, everything complies and appears to work... But I'd prefer to not have to hack the install - and get possibly the latest fixes to libiomp5 if there are any.

Thanks,

Aaron
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Aaron,
please check this library into compiler's directory. For example on my installation I can find this lib for 64 bit library from here /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1/lib/intel64
this happened because of since version 10.3 MKL was reorganized and these libraries were moved to this directory. Please see here kb article for more details.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
GOMP_CPU_AFFINITY environment variable supports basic thread pinning with libgomp, and libiomp5 will translate it automatically if KMP_AFFINITY isn't set.
0 Kudos
aleliaert
Beginner
I figured it out - the new install layout had me confused. There was another lib dir in our install with the libiomp5 files we needed. Another -L argument to GCC with this path and things are working.

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos