We just went from 10.0.010 to 10.3.9 and when trying to link, the libiomp5 library can't be found. The library files (libiomp5.a, libiomp5.so) were in our 10.0.010 install alongside all of the other MKL lib files, but not in the lib dir for our 10.3.9 install. I did a search throughout the composer_xe_2011_sp1 dir made by the installer, and couldn't find them in any other place.
If using GNU libgomp (as recommended by the "Link Line Advisor" when selecting GNU for OpenMP library), everything seems to compile. But we'd prefer to use iomp5 as we like to set KMP_AFFINITY to best suit our hardware.
We're using the x86_64 platform (aka em64t, intel64). I just tried the latest 10.3.9.293 as downloaded today.
If the libiomp5 libraries from our 10.0.010 install are symlinked to the lib dir of the 10.3.9 install, everything complies and appears to work... But I'd prefer to not have to hack the install - and get possibly the latest fixes to libiomp5 if there are any.