Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

mkl and knights

Petros_Mamales
Beginner
Hi,
I wanted to ask if mkl will be supporting the knights ferry MIC.
If yes, my question is whether there will be a new mkl release in order for this to happen, or the current one
could be used.
Thank you very much,
Petros

ps: also, although admittedly most likely the wrong place to ask, tbb will still be applicable, right?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Andrew_Smith
New Contributor III
If you google search on "Maths Kernel Library Knights Ferry" you will find articles where MKL is already in use. Hope this is a good sign
0 Kudos
Todd_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Petros,

Intel MKL will be supporting the Intel Many Integrated Core(Intel MIC) architecture which includes Knights Ferry. There is a pre-release of the library available to those who have access to Knights Ferry.

The current MKL release does not support the Intel MIC architecture.

Todd

0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner
Todd and Andrew, thank you for your responses - btw the system did not show that responses were made, hence I did not respond myself earlier.
One more question: Will I be able to have the suitable mkl as a continuation of my current lisence or will it be a new product i.e. new license?
Thank you again,
Petros
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Product announcements relative to MIC are more than a year away, so I don't think your question about licencing could be answered at this time. MKL would be an important component of compiler products.
0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner
TimP,
Thank you for your response, P-
0 Kudos