Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

mkl_?imatcopy

JohnZhang
New Contributor I

I am testing the mkl_simatcopy function to do a simple transposition for a square 3x3 matrix using this line:

mkl_simatcopy('r', 't', 3, 3, 1, a, 3, 3);

where a is a float array with size 9. But I keep getting this error

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFB16140C93 in testhost.net48.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00007FFC3F800000.

I am using mkl verison 2023.1.0.46356.

Any help appreciated.

John

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi John,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please get back to us with a working sample reproducer so that we can try recreating the issue at our end and help you accordingly?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi John,

A gentle reminder:

Could you please get back to us with a working sample reproducer? We would like to reproduce it at our end and help you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
JohnZhang
New Contributor I

I have exposed the function "mkl_simatcopy" through a native C++ DLL for a C# project to call in Visual Studio. Here is the code snippet.

I tried to do a 2x3 matrix tranpose

float[] a = new float[6]
{
    1, 2, 3,
    4, 5, 6,
};

fixed (float* pa = a)
{
     mkl_simatcopy('R', 'T', 2, 3, 1, pa, 3, 2);
}

Here is the exception message:

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFCFC5D0C93 (Native.Mkl.dll) in testhost.net48.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000001733F800000.

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing the code snippet. However, as you were using Visual Studio, we would like to request you share with us your project file zipped and share the steps to reproduce it(if any). We will reproduce the issue at our end and will help you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
JohnZhang
New Contributor I

I have a VS solution folder which contains the lib packages (mkl and tbb) installed from nuget, about 2.3G. How do I send that to you?

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi John,

Could you please let us know the size after compressing the project folder? In addition, if it's huge, you could try isolating the issue and send us a sample working reproducer. That too helps us to take up the issue further and help you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi John,

A gentle reminder:

Could you please try isolating the issue and send us a sample working reproducer and steps to reproduce it? It helps us in recreating the issue at our end and help you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi John,

A gentle reminder:

Could you please try isolating the issue and send us a sample working reproducer and steps to reproduce it? It helps us in recreating the issue at our end and help you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos