Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

mkl_link_tool quiet output?

Matt_Thompson
Novice

All,

Perhaps a FAQ, but my search-fu is lacking. My question is: is there a way to get "quiet" output from the MKL Link Tool?  For example:

(1259) $ $MKLROOT/tools/mkl_link_tool -libs --compiler=gnu_f --parallel=no

Intel(R) Math Kernel Library (Intel(R) MKL) Link Tool v4.4
       ==========================================================

Output
======

Linking line:
 -L$(MKLROOT)/lib/intel64 -Wl,--no-as-needed -lmkl_gf_lp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -lpthread -lm -ldl

Now, luckily the thing we care about is in stdout and the rest is stderr, but this does look a bit ungainly in, say, log output:

(1260) $ setenv YAYA `$MKLROOT/tools/mkl_link_tool -libs --compiler=gnu_f --parallel=no -libs --noteno`

Intel(R) Math Kernel Library (Intel(R) MKL) Link Tool v4.4
       ==========================================================

Output
======

Linking line:
(1261) $ echo $YAYA 
-L$(MKLROOT)/lib/intel64 -Wl,--no-as-needed -lmkl_gf_lp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -lpthread -lm -ldl

I'd love it if I could pass in --quiet and then nothing would be output to stderr, only the link line. (Oh, and by the way, I am in a tcsh environment (for legacy reasons) so '2>/dev/null' is not an option thanks to csh being csh.  But I could workaround that. I just would like a --quiet so I can be lazy!)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Matt,

Thank you for asking. We will see if it is convenient to give a quiet result.

Best Regards,
Ying

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Matt,

I'm glad to notify you that MKL 2018 update 1 release recently, the problem in command should be fix in the version.  You are welcomed to try the version and let us know if any problem.  You can get it from https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/ .

Best Regards,

Ying

0 Kudos