Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

mkl_sequential.2.dll was not found

Ever
Novice

My Fortran code uses MKL, it can compile and build as both Debug x64 and Debus x86, but when execute it, I get "mkl_sequential.2.dll was not found."

This question was posted in 2021, that thread is closed to community only, but this is obviously a NEW bug, I just installed the latest version.

I installed OneAPI with MKL yesterday with MKL but just in case today I went to "modify", but it is there, so I went to "repair", and let it "repair". No luck. 

My code was developed in the period ending in 2018 with Intel parallel studio, and it worked. 

We used a .obj to distribute it.

That .obj still works on this installations that have Intel parallel studio. 

What can I do? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ever
Novice

Further I wrote a test program that actually does not call any MKL, but in VS>Project properties>Fortran>Libraries I set use Intel Math Kernel Library>/Qmkl:sequential for all platforms.

When I run is as x64, it works, the dummy program just pauses for me to hit Enter. 

When I run it as x86, I get "fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mkl_intel_c_dll.lib'"

Note that I already went to VS>Tools>Options> Intel libraries for oneAPI, and I checked oneMKL 2023.1.0 for both x64 and x86.

What else can I do?

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Ever Barbero,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please check the below path for mkl_sequential.2.dll. If not, could you please try uninstalling and installing the oneAPI toolkit and let us know if the issue persists?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2023.1.0\redist\intel64\

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

A gentle reminder:

Has the information provided helped? Kindly let us know if you were able to get the mkl_sequential.2.dll in the shared path.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos