Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

mkl_spblas.f90

Carlos_R_4
Beginner

I am writing a sparse solver using Inspector-executor Sparse BLAS routines and I get the following compiling error:

stat = mkl_sparse_set_memory_hint (ilu0, SPARSE_MEMORY_AGGRESSIVE )
Error: Symbol ‘sparse_memory_aggressive’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT type

I am using GNU Fortran 5.4.0.

The error has a simpIe workaround but  think there is a bug in the file mkl_spblas.f90:101

!   memory optimization hints from customer: describe how much memory could be used on optimization stage
     ENUM, BIND(C)
         ENUMERATOR :: SPARSE_MEMORY_NONE                  = 80, &  ! no memory should be allocated for matrix values and structures
                                                                    ! auxiliary structures could be created only for workload balancing,
                                                                    ! parallelization, etc.
                       PARSE_MEMORY_AGGRESSIVE             = 81     ! matrix could be converted to any internal format
     END ENUM

I checked and the bug is present in mkl 11.3 and mkl 2017

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Carlos, this is the issue. Thanks for the report. The issue is escalated. We will add the fix into the nearest update of MKL and keep you updated with the status. thanks, Gennady

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Carlos, Please check the latest version of MKL 2017 update 1. The problem has been fixed there.

0 Kudos