Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

multi-threaded matrix multiplication

Likun_T_
Beginner

Dear Intel MKL developers,

I am integrating the MKL subroutine mkl_zcsrmultcsr in my MPI code. I tested a case with 16 processors, and mkl_zcrsmultcsr is called in every processor in parallel. Once it is called, multi-threaded computing is automatically activated.

The problem I encountered is that 12 processors among all processors work fine while the other 4 processors give memory corruption errors, moreover, these 4 processors can vary during each test. I am not sure what the problem would be. Your advise is well appreciated.

best,

Likun

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Likun_T_
Beginner

Dear all,

Some update about my previous post. If I set number of processors to be 4, the call of mkl_zcsrmultcsr is successful in each processor, however, if i tried 8 or 16 processors, I got memory corruption errors.

The structure of my code is like this:

subroutine test

call test1()

call mkl_zcrsmultcrs()

call test2()

end subroutine test

all the calculations in subroutines test1, test2 and mkl_zcrsmultcrs are independent among processors. I am not sure if anything else is needed for multi-threaded computing.

Thanks,

Likun

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Hello Likun,   

What do you by "independent among processors"?  Are you working on the SMP system with 16 threads?  Do you use the same A,B and C arrays which you use in mkl_zcsrmultcsr?

--Gennady

0 Kudos