Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

multithreading in zgbmv subroutine with mkl 10.3

bouch_r_
Beginner

Hi,
I'm wondring if the soubroutine zgbmv is multithreaded in mkl, because i test use intel/mkl/64/10.3/2011.5.220 with intel-compiler and i noticed that there is no multithreding in it

I compile with this :

ifort myapp.f -L$BLASDIR -I$INCLUDE -I$INCLUDE/intel64/lp64  $BLASDIR/libmkl_blas95_lp64.a
$BLASDIR/libmkl_lapack95_lp64.a -Wl,--start-group  $BLASDIR/libmkl_intel_lp64.a $BLASDIR/libmkl_intel_thread.a  
$BLASDIR/libmkl_core.a -Wl,--end-group -liomp5 -lpthread -shared-intel -mcmodel=medium -o myapp.e

export MKL_NUM_THREADS=4; ./myapp.e

when i launch the top command and ctrl H, i have one instance of the program intead of four

Red
Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gennady_F_Intel
Hello yes, that's right. this routine is not threaded. You can find the list of threaded routines into User's Guide, see section "Threaded Function and Problems" --Gennady

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Hello yes, that's right. this routine is not threaded. You can find the list of threaded routines into User's Guide, see section "Threaded Function and Problems" --Gennady
0 Kudos
bouch_r_
Beginner
Thanks for your answer!
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Red, the issue is escalated to the internal database. Here is the number of this issue for your reference - DPD200237620.
0 Kudos