Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6975 Discussions

newbi: using mkl examples - i.e. #include "mkl_dfti_examples.h"

Erich_Zwyssig
Beginner
Hija all

The examples in e.g. /opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/examples/dftc/ use

#include "mkl_dfti_examples.h"

Where do I find the object (or .c) files to link the examples?

Thanks for your help

Erich

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alexander_K_Intel2
Hi Eric,
Try to find it in directory /examples/dftc/source/
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
0 Kudos
Erich_Zwyssig
Beginner
Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply. I tried to find mkl_dfti_examples.o or .c, but I see that these routines
are in

- dfti_example_status_print.c
- dfti_example_support.c

Would you be able to tell me what the error below means?

g++ -c -Wall -g -I include -I /usr/include -I /opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/examples/dftc/source -I KLINCLUDE -I PPINCLUDE src/mkl_dfti_example.cpp -o mkl_dfti_example.o
src/mkl_dfti_example.cpp: In function int main(int, char**):
src/mkl_dfti_example.cpp:75: warning: format %d expects type int, but argument 2 has type long int
g++ -c -Wall -g -I include -I /usr/include -I /opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/examples/dftc/source -I KLINCLUDE -I PPINCLUDE -c -o dfti_example_status_print.o /opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/examples/dftc/source/dfti_example_status_print.c
g++ -c -Wall -g -I include -I /usr/include -I /opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/examples/dftc/source -I KLINCLUDE -I PPINCLUDE -c -o dfti_example_support.o /opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/examples/dftc/source/dfti_example_support.c
/opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/examples/dftc/source/dfti_example_support.c: In function int init_forward_tone_and_expected_result_c(void*, void*, long int):
/opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/examples/dftc/source/dfti_example_support.c:279: error: invalid conversion from void* to float*
/opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/examples/dftc/source/dfti_example_support.c:280: error: invalid conversion from void* to float*

bon weekend

Erich
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Do you ask about the location of the example sources, the MKL header files or the MKL library?

Anyway, all these are located in a fairly logical and simply organized set of directories. For example, the libraries on our system are in /opt/intel/mkl101/lib/em64t. the header files in /opt/intel/mkl101/include/ and the example sources are in /opt/intel/mkl101/examples/ .

Unless you have a nonstandard installation, these paths, modified to suit your version of MKL and machine architecture, should work.
0 Kudos
barragan_villanueva_
Valued Contributor I

Erich,

It looks like you use incorrectly g++.
In order to run dftc examples please use make in the directory/opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/examples/dftc/

% make help
Usage: make {libia32|soia32|libintel64|sointel64} [function=name]
[compiler=compiler_name] [interface=interface_name] [threading=threading_name]
[omp=omp_name] [parallel=parallel_name]

name - function name. Please see dftc.lst file

compiler_name - can be gnu, pgi or intel. Default value is intel.
Intel C Compiler as default

omp_name - can be iomp5 if parallel=intel or
can be iomp5 or gomp if parallel=gnu or
can be pgmp if parallel=pgi.
Default value is iomp5.

interface_name - can be lp64 or ilp64 for intel64. Default value is lp64.

parallel_name - can be intel (default value), pgi (only if compiler=pgi) or
gnu (if compiler=gnu).

threading_name - can be parallel or sequential. Default value is parallel.

0 Kudos
Erich_Zwyssig
Beginner
Hi Victor

Thank you for your help.

That's compiling now, thanks.

Erich

0 Kudos