Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
6429 Discussions

oneAPI MKL manually linking problem in VS2017

di_luca__daniele1
Hello everybody, 
I'm trying to manually linking the new oneAPI MKL in Visual Studio 2017. 
I noticed the paths changed, so I couldn't use the setting shown at: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-math-kernel-library-intel-mkl-co...

What I did is (x64):

c/c++-->general-->Additional include directories

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2021.1.1\include

linker-->general-->Additional library directories         

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2021.1.1\lib\intel64

linker-->input-->additional dependencies                   

mkl_intel_lp64.lib
         mkl_intel_thread.lib
         mkl_core.lib
         libiomp5md.lib

I know I'm missing something, as the VS compiler always returns the following error msg: "LNK1104 cannot open file "libiomp5md.lib", but all additional directories I tried to add failed, so please what other directories should I include/link?

Everything works fine by using the automatic linking option, but I need to make it work this way too.

I'm using Visual Studio Community 2017 in Windows 10 (2004).

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Black Belt

I see 32-bit and 64-bit versions of libiomp5md.lib in

...\ONEAPI\compiler\latest\windows\compiler\lib\ia32_win

and

...\ONEAPI\compiler\latest\windows\compiler\lib\intel64_win,

but those are directories containing components of the Intel Fortran and C compilers.

The corresponding DLLs are in

ONEAPI\compiler\latest\windows\redist\ia32_win\compiler

ONEAPI\compiler\latest\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler

If you did not install the OneAPI C++ or Fortran compilers, you will probably need to obtain OpenMP libraries (and DLLs?)  from elsewhere, but I have not chosen that route and so I cannot give you specific advice.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

I see 32-bit and 64-bit versions of libiomp5md.lib in

...\ONEAPI\compiler\latest\windows\compiler\lib\ia32_win

and

...\ONEAPI\compiler\latest\windows\compiler\lib\intel64_win,

but those are directories containing components of the Intel Fortran and C compilers.

The corresponding DLLs are in

ONEAPI\compiler\latest\windows\redist\ia32_win\compiler

ONEAPI\compiler\latest\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler

If you did not install the OneAPI C++ or Fortran compilers, you will probably need to obtain OpenMP libraries (and DLLs?)  from elsewhere, but I have not chosen that route and so I cannot give you specific advice.

View solution in original post

di_luca__daniele1

thank you mecej4, 

as you said, it works that way by using the OneApi C++, but it doesn't when I try to compile it by using VisualC++, I wonder where I might find those OpenMP missing files elsewhere..

Gennady_F_Intel

There is one problem we detected recently. The standalone version of MKL doesn't contain libiomp5md.lib library (similar to Linux package as well). It might be a reason when Users couldn't build oneMKL based application with OpenMP threading runtime.  

The problem is escalated and we will keep this thread updated when the fix will happen.

As a workaround, the User could take and install oneAPI Base toolkit, install only C/C++ compiler and libiopm5md.lib would be installed on your system.

-Gennady

Gennady_F_Intel

The issue is closing and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.