Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

oneMKL parallelism

Nikhil_T
Novice

Hi there!

Wanted to know if oneMKL performs the operations in parallel mode. For example, should I implement my own parallel matrix-matrix multiplication in SYCL or should I use the already implemented oneMKL gemm or other routines (if they work already in parallel mode)?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

MKL has two versions of its library: sequential and threaded

The sequential version is thread-safe and uses 1 thread internally for MKL functions.

The threaded version is also thread-safe but uses its own thread pool (multi-threaded internally). It is the programmer's responsibility not to oversubscribe threads or at least not to have the over-subscription exhibit unnecessary interference.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Nikhil_T
Novice

How do I choose a specific version from the two @jimdempseyatthecove . Does it selects on its own? 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

You may check MKL Developer Guide ( see Linking Quick Start) or check MKL Linker Adviser to see the list of libs you need to link with.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

The issue is closing and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

0 Kudos