Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

pblas header incorrect for PvTRMV

John_Young
New Contributor I
Hi, In the mkl_pblas.h, the prototypes for p*trmv are of the form, e.g., single precision, void pstrmv( const char *uplo, const char *trans, const char *diag, const MKL_INT *n, const float *a, const MKL_INT *ia, const MKL_INT *ja, const MKL_INT *desca, float *x, const MKL_INT *ix, const MKL_INT *jx, const MKL_INT *descx, const MKL_INT *incx ); However, the interface according to netlib ( http://www.netlib.org/scalapack/pblas_qref.html ) is PvTRMV( UPLO, TRANS, DIAG, M, N, A, IA, JA, DESCA, X, IX, JX, DESCX, INCX ) Notice that the MKL is missing the 'const MKL_INT *m' for the fourth argument. I have MKL 11.3.3 for Windows. This seems to be a mistake in the MKL header. Can anyone confirm this for me or am I misinterpreting the netlib reference? Thanks, John
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

thanks for this point. There is inconsistency between MKL's documentation and this function declaration. We will fix that. With regard to netlib is as follow:  SUBROUTINE PvTRMV( UPLO, TRANS, DIAG, N, A, IA, JA, DESCA, X, IX, JX, DESCX, INCX )

I see no problem in this case.

0 Kudos
John_Young
New Contributor I
Thanks. It seems that the netlib page is in error at the top (where the quick summary is) but is correct farther down where the details are given.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

we fixed the issue into version of MKL 2017 update 1 

0 Kudos